Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BE...JEWELED OUT!

This past weekend was my birthday! YAY! So my lovely fiance took me out shopping and let me get whatever I wanted. THAT WAS AWESOME. While I was out I got some new black work flats so I decided to try a project out with my old work flats. I fell in love with the OLD shoes when i finally finished my project. Tell me what you think!
(Here's a picture of the old flats accompanied by a bag of plastic jewels and tacky glue, both of which I bought at the local craft store!)
Shoes- originally $12.00 at old navy
1lb Bag of Jewels- a little over $13.00
Tacky Glue- approx. $2.00 at most!
Pink Glitter ribbon (shown below) $1.00
Towel- on hand
Scissors- On hand
Total Cost- $28.00


  1. Start with your old shoes. Wipe off any dirt or markings!
  2. Next is to scatter out your Jewels on towel and pick your poison! ( I picked the heart first)

     3. Apply Tack glue to the whole back of the jewel and press on the shoe. (Tip: it will slide and shift around until dry so try to keep it in the place you want it! Don't worry at this point if it moves you can just slide it back into place!)
    4. Keep applying your jewels this way using various shapes and sizes. Have fun with it! (Tip: the glue may be white now and look kinda sloppy but don't worry it drys clear!)
    5. Next grab your Ribbon of choice!


    6. Cut to the size of the side of the shoe in an diagnal fashion. Taking the ribbon from the back of the shoe to the outside of the shoe where your Jewels end.(Tip: I did this twice for a bit more Embellishment)
    7. Glue along the edges of the ribbion and do a "z" pattern in the middel of the ribbon and place on the shoe. (Tip: this can get messy)
    8. Allow your shoe at least an hour or so to dry a little before continuing. If you do too much at one type everything will slide around and it will not work out nicely :-).
    9.  Apply the Ribbon on the inside of the shoe in the same way as the outside.
   10. Then apply Jewels to the open space in the back of the shoe.
   11. Repeat whole process with the opposite shoe and Allow a night (8hrs) for the shoes to dry. When you wake up in the morning you should have brand new Unique and lovely, Hard to miss and hard to hate Bejeweled and Bedazzled Flats! Enjoy!







 Inspiration:


This was my Easy Peasy Guide to Easy Peasy Fashion.
Love Over all 
Tee Jay <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment